St. Mary's Secondary School, Nenagh


Go to content

History

About Us

History

1854: The Sisters of Mercy begin providing educational services in Nenagh

1913: The former Governor's house of the old jail become the home of the Intermediate school with an enrolment of 14 students.

1929: The school was formally renamed St. Mary's Secondary School and the Leaving Certificate was offered for the first time.

1957: St. Joseph's Block - concert hall, class rooms, specialist rooms - constructed and opened.

1960: New boarding facilities (St. Catherines) constructed and opened.

1972: Boarding school closes and facilities converted to a library and classrooms.



1980: Further expansion - science laboratories, Demonstration Room, Multi Media Suite, Computer Room and extra classrooms.

2007: Extension provides extra science laboratories, technology rooom, art rooms, PE hall and a new administration wing.

Home Page | CEIST | About Us | Contact St. Mary's | Site Map


Sub-Menu:


Back to content | Back to main menu